Thursday, August 22, 2013

Makeup Essentials for College


Hi girls :D So back to school season is up and this means you need to be prepare to go shopping. You go to buy school essentials like notebooks, backpacks, etc. Also yo go clothing shopping because you need and personally I need to buy new clothes to look cute, jeje, but you can't forget the makeup. Even if you don't wear a lot of makeup like me, it's still good to go makeup shopping. In this post, I'm going to show and talk about the most basic makeup essentials that I would use in college. If you are not in college, you can still buy this thing and use them because they are like basic makeup. You can go either drugstore or high brand makeup. Also I'm going to write about 3 to 5 makeup tips  that I do and I know that you will do them, if you do them already.

I hope you like this post and here it goes:

MAKEUP:



1. Basic Palette: You never can't go wrong with a natural makeup for college or even school. Using matte colors and brown colors can give you that natural color you want. A perfect pallete for this is the Urban Decay Naked Basic Palette but if you like drugstore makeup the Beautiful Browns Palette from ELF.


2. Eye lid primer: This is a must have if you're going with eye makeup. A primer helps your eye shadow to  stay longer and not break out. If you're not putting on eye shadow, just wear it and you won't have oily llids, that's what I do. Also there's drugstore and high brand primer. I really like the ELF primer and it just cost $1and for one dollar, it really works. ** I haven't use the Urban Decay one so I can say which I like better.

3. Eyeliner: For college, I really like to use a pen eyeliner or a gel eyeliner, sometimes I use both for it to stay longer throughout the whole day. If you want a more natural look,  just put a line but not to thick, close to the top lashes. I personally use the Scandaleyes Eyeliner from Maybelline and for gel eyeliner one from Forever 21 but you can use your favorite gel eyeliner.

4. Mascara: For a more complete look, apply some mascara to your lashes and you're done. You can wear black or brown mascara. I really like the Clumps Crusher from Covergirl because it extends your lashes and leave them without any clumps.

5. Eyebrow kit: Having well- defined eyebrows can make your face look defined and it accentuates your whole face. If you don't want to wear makeup, just do your eyebrows and you're ready to go. You can also use a eye pencil to do your eyebrows. For eyebrow kit use the ELF Eyebrow Kit and  it's only $ 1.

6. BB Cream: Use BB cream instead of foundation because it's more light on your face for college. Your makeup routine will be short because this have all protection products in one. The Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream is perfect and personally I really like it.

7. Powder: Set up your face routine with a powder. It can be your favorite powder. I recommend also to use a translucent powder and the best one I know is the ELF High Definition Translucent Powder. The translucent powder will keep your face matte and for pictures is perfect.

8. Concealer: To hide dark circles and to brighten up your face. Use a lighter tone for under your eyes and a tone more similar to your skin color to hide blemishes. There are liquid concealers and  cream ones. The Benefit Boing Concealer is perfect.

9. Blush: A non shimmery blush is perfect for back to school because it gives that glowy color on your cheeks but without looking like your trying to hard. Wet and Wild blushes are good because they're matte and are really pigmented.

10. Bronzer: Also use a non shimmery or a matte bronzer. You want to look like you have a little bit of tan but no to much. ELF Bronzer and NARS bronzer are the best bronzers I know.

11. Lips: Use a lip balm or stain. For college use a light pink color or a nude one. It can have a little bit of shimmer. Maybelline Baby Lips are a must have for this essentials or the Covergirl Smoochies.

Now for the tips:

1. Don't forget to moistirize your face before putting on your makeup.

2. Bring a small makeup bag with a few makeup products in case of an emergency and you need to re-touch your makeup.

3. Don't overdo your makeup for college. Try to look as natural as posible. If you like to have more makeup on your face that's fine also. Every girl has her own style.

4. Remove your makeup right away when you arrive form school.

That's all for this post. I hope you like it and I hope it helps you doing your makeup for college or school.

XOXO


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. sii lo son, yo tengo casi todos los sabores o colores jeje

      Delete
  2. The Naked basics is my love! The beautiful matte shades create that beautiful natural eye! Great picks! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it but I want to buy it and I think it's going to be my next shopping must have :D Thanks

      Gina

      Delete
  3. Love this! I love my elf eyebrow kit it is so good and so cheap! xx Rena Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rena.. I buy all my elf products online and I will do it for a long time because of their price and how good they are

      Gina// Versace of Curvy

      Delete