Sunday, August 11, 2013

What's In NOW: Overalls


  
Happy Schnapper: Fashion - Overall Revival


Hi girls. I'm starting a new blog series called What's In Now. This series is basically telling you what is trending in the fashion world. I'm going to tell you a little bit of information about the trend and show you ideas on how to wear the trends and also where can you get them.

So this Summer 2013 and through this month of August the trend has been overalls. The overalls or another name for this, trousers, were used a lot in the 80s and 90s as a type of clothing to put over a top or shirt and now is been use in the same way. In the 90s, they were used as uniforms for work that's why they were made out of denim material. Now you can see them in different styles, material, patterns. There's also shortalls, overalls but shorter. And not to forget the skirt style. These overalls, trousers, shortalls, are attached with a front patch that covers the front area of the stomach leaving the chest area open or uncovered and they have also shoulder straps.

I have seen this fashion clothing everywhere from Las Vegas, California and here in Puerto Rico that I think I'm going to buy one before this trend ends and even though it end I'm going to wear them because I like them.

Now onto the outfits ideas: ( The photos are from Pinterest.com)


Overalls!

EDGY LOOK: Use a distressed overall to achieve this look. For more edgyness, don't put on both of the straps just one, like in the picture. You can add some accessories like a jacket to your hips, some colorful shoes and even boots.












overalls.

PROFESSIONAL LOOK: Who said you can't wear overalls to work? You can and how? Well, just use a solid color for the overall and with a soft material. Use colors that are basic and are colors for a regular work. Put some high heels and a nice bag and you are DONE and FABULOUS.
**You can use this look for a job interview because this will catch the attention of the person interviewing you and see that you do have an eye for fashion.













overalls!!! love them!!!
CASUAL LOOK: If you're going for a walk, to the beach, and even shopping this look is good for that. Overalls or shortalls are good for this look but I prefer the shortalls just because they are more lighter and fresh. A natural makeup, some flats or sandals and a side handbag or backpack are the finishing touch for this look.















leather overalls
CHIC LOOK: If you like to dress more chic, here's the perfect look on how to use an overall. Add a more dressy blouse underneath the overall. Add those dressy jewerly like a big necklace or earrings. Do a smokey aye makeup, put some heels and you are ready to go out.
















#overalls #fashion #style #summer #hat

FUN LOOK: For a fun look instead of use a solid overall or shortall, use a printed one. Mix the prints of the overall with a cute top.















VINTAGE LOOK: This look is perfect for fall because of the colors. To achieve this look to the max, use brown colors, fall colors. You can use some lace, leggings or some solid color see through leggings. Add some brown boots or brown oxfords to finish your whole outfit.















That's all for this post. I hope you like.

What do you think is another fashion piece that's trending now? Would you like for me to do a post about that?

THANK YOU

Disclaimer: All said here is my opinion and from my pretty head except the information about the overalls. I research overalls in google and mix them adding words of my own. :D

Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin'

4 comments:

  1. Love the professional look overalls. They're gorgeous!

    Zoe
    The Caribbean Flower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The professional look is one of my favorites look. The other is the fun one

      Gina//Versace of Curvy

      Delete
  2. I've never thought of wearing overalls to professional occasions but I really like it! My personal fav is the casual look! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought it either but it look really good. I like the casual also. I like all of them jeje

      Gina// Versace of Curvy

      Delete